The first one is from No Thought Control:
It’s an old one, but fun one: Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!
Closest book: When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson:
“There was no signal on his phone and the radio had given out nothing but crackle and hiss for some time now. The CD player contained one disc accidentally left over from the previous rental and Jackson wondered in what circumstances he would feel so desperate for the sound of another voice that he would listen to Enya’s.
He should have brought his iPod, he could have been listening to songs of heartache and redemption and redneck righteousness. And it had obviously been a bad idea to leave that OS map behind, although he wasn’t convinced that the roads around here actually conformed to any map.”
Don’t you just get the feeling that something horrible is about to happen soon? Well, it does. But not in the way you would expect it too.
Oh, and I like Enya. But if I was with Jackson, Emmylou Harris would do nicely too.
Moving on, a cool, cool meme spotted at Ren’s:
Rules:- Choose a singer/band/group- Bob Dylan.
Answer the following using ONLY titles of songs by that singer/band/group
1. Are you male or female? Got My Mind Made Up
2. Describe yourself: Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands
3. What do people feel when they’re around you? Forever Young
4. How would you describe your previous relationship? Idiot Wind
5. Describe your current relationship. Someone’s Got a Hold of my Heart
6. Where would you want to be now? All Along the Watchtower
7. How do you feel about love? Buckets of Rain
8. What’s your life like? Tangled Up in Blue
9. What would you ask for if you had only one wish? I Shall Be Released
10. Say something wise. Tomorrow is a Long Time
For both of these, I tag anyone reading.